LAETITIA (PART 4): FACING GRIZELDA
This is the last part of the adventure.
With 5 bottles of magic potion, Laetitia has to go to the landlord's residence, where Grizelda is standing, and defeat her.
PLAYING THE GAME
This part has 27 playable screens.
First, she has to find a way to enter the
residence, because it seems a fortress well guarded.
Maybe she can get through that little watchtower she saw before.
But first you have to find the key.
The key of the watchtower is inside one of the peasants houses. So Laetitia has to pickpocket one of the walking peasant to get his/her house key, then search for the right house, enter and get the watchtower's door key.
After entering the watchtower, Laetitia descends to the underground passage leading to the residence where Grizelda is.
The door to the room where Grizelda is located is locked. Therefore, Laetitia has to search for the respective key.
But the key is
in one of the other compartments of the residence, whose door is also locked.
And the key to that door is with one of the guards.
Fortunately, this guard is distracted and Laetitia can sneak out the key without being captured.
With the key of Grizelda's room in her possession, Laetitia is ready to face the usurping witch.
Laetitia is out
in duel with Grizelda, avoiding her magic balls and trying to hit the witch
with her magic ... But only when Grizelda is not protected (when she changes
And careful with Grizelda's protection beam.
Defeating Grizelda, Laetitia can pick up the dungeon key that the witch left and go release the landlord.
- The ones that make her energy decrease,
Laetitia will face several obstacles in her path:
- flying witches
- spellbound peasants
- the top part of the trees (leaves and branches)
- sharpen arrows and spears
- candle flames
- Grizelda's magic spell
- Grizelda's protection beam
- And the residence guards that arrest Laetitia and take her to the dungeons.
When the energy is over (all the red hearts are empty), Laetitia loses a life.
She can recover
that energy when she loses a life or in just one of several cauldrons that she
find in her way.
Or using 1 of the 5 bottles of magic potion that she carries and can use it anytime. But i suggest leave some of potion to face Grizelda.
In the bottom of the game screen we can see:
- The potion bottle with the number of potions Laetitia has left (starts with 5);
- The witch hat with the number of lives;
- The yellow pocket and the objects that Laetitia has with her;
- The big red heart and the small red hearts that represents her energy.
The player chooses it when the game starts:
- Q for 3 lives
- A for 5 lives
- O for 7 lives
- P for 9 lives
- any other key, the player starts with 5 lives
The character can be moved using Keyboard, Kempston Joystick or Sinclair. Select the desired control scheme by pressing 1, 2 or 3 in the Menu.
The Keyboard controls are as follow:
- Q for UP / Leave the house, cave or room/ Step up the not solid small steps (pressing direction key too)
- A for DOWN / Enter house, cave or door rooms
- O for LEFT
- P for RIGHT
- M for FIRE magic spell
- SPACE for JUMP
- H for PAUSE
JUMP + UP = Higher jump
DOWN + JUMP =
Using a magic potion (recovers full energy)